ACS Reference Letter Sample for Systems Administrator
Systems Administrator manages one or more systems, like software, hardware, servers, or workstations. Their goal is to ensure that the policies are running efficiently and effectively. They manage the installation, configuration, and operation of client-based computer operating systems also check the security procedures and immediately respond to any problems. They take care of data security by creating and verifying backups of data to react to and resolve help desk requests. They also analyze, monitor, maintain, manage, and upgrade systems and processes as required for enhanced functionality.
Tasks of a Systems Administrator
- designing and maintaining database architecture, data structures, tables, dictionaries and naming conventions to ensure the accuracy and completeness of all data master files
- performing the operational establishment and preventive maintenance of backups, recovery procedures, and enforcing security and integrity controls
- implementing and administering database documentation, guidelines, policies and procedures
- testing database systems and upgrades, such as debugging, tracking, reproduction, logging and resolving all identified problems, according to approved quality testing scripts, procedures, and processes
- accepting responsibility for the processes, procedures and operational management associated with system security and disaster recovery planning
- liaising with security vendors, suppliers, service providers, and external resources; analyzing, recommending, installing and maintaining software security applications; and monitoring contractual obligations, performance delivery, and service level agreements
- troubleshooting and providing service support in diagnosing, resolving and repairing server-related hardware and software malfunctions, encompassing workstations and communication infrastructure
- preparing and maintaining documentation, policies and instructions, and recording and detailing operational procedures and system logs
- ensuring that the design of computer sites allows all components to fit together and work properly, and monitoring and adjusting the performance of networks
- continually surveying the current computer site to determine future network needs and making recommendations for enhancements in the implementation of future servers and networks
Employment Reference Letter Sample(Text Version)
To whomsoever it may concern
This is to certify that Henry Stinson was working with Scott Tech Solution Pvt. Ltd. at Peterborough, East, England as a Full-Time employee from Sep 1, 2012, to May 9, 2017, as a Systems Administrator.
His Roles and responsibilities are as follows.
ICT related roles and responsibilities
- Install and configure software and hardware
- Manage network servers and technology tools
- Set up accounts and workstations
- Monitor performance and maintain systems according to requirements
- Troubleshoot issues and outages
- Ensure security through access controls, backups, and firewalls
- Upgrade systems with new releases and models
Managerial related roles and responsibilities
- Develop expertise to train staff on new technologies
- Prepare the technical documentation, manuals, policies, and procedures for the IT area.
- Password and identity management
- Prepare the reports on system performance for efficiency in work
- Optimize processes and lead process improvement
Manage staff and user credentials and frameworks