Web Developer - ANZSCO 261212
Web Developer ANZSCO 261212 plans, produces and maintains web sites using web programming languages, software applications, technologies and databases together with specifications of user needs, often in conjunction with other ICT Professionals such as Business Analysts, Web Designers and network and usability specialists.
- Web Programmer
Skills Assessment Authority
- ACS (Australian Computer Society)
Occupation ListsThis occupation is on the following skills lists:
- Consolidated Sponsored Occupations List
- RSMS Occupations List
- Labor Market Testing Required for 457 List
- Skilled Occupations List
This occupation is currently NOT on the Medium and Long term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL) or the Short-term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL), so it is not possible to apply for an Australian visa under the General Skilled Migration (GSM) Program.
As no pathways exist for this occupation under any Australian skilled visas, you may wish to consider alternative routes of travel to Australia. If you are aged under 31 it is likely you are eligible for a Working Holiday Visa to Australia which will allow you to live and work in Australia for up to two years. Alternatively, if your partner or spouse has experience or is employed in one of the applications currently listed on the MLTSSL or STSOL, you may wish to consider using them as the main applicant.
Unit Group: 2612 Multimedia Specialists and Web Developers
The job of web developer in Australia is to plan, produce and maintain websites and web applications using web programming, scripting, and authoring, content management and file transfer software with specifications of user needs, often in conjunction with other ICT Professionals such as Business Analysts, Web Designers and network and usability specialists.
- analyzing, designing and developing Internet sites applying a mixture of artistry and creativity with software programming and scripting languages and interfacing with operating environments
- designing and developing digital animations, imaging, presentations, games, audio and video clips, and Internet applications using multimedia software, tools and utilities, interactive graphics and programming languages
- communicating with network specialists regarding web-related issues, such as security and hosting websites, to control and enforce Internet and web server security, space allocation, user access, business continuity, website backup and disaster recovery planning
- designing, developing and integrating computer code with other specialized inputs, such as image files, audio files and scripting languages, to produce, maintain and support websites
- assisting in analyzing, specifying and developing Internet strategies, web-based methodologies and development plans
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience and/or relevant vendor certification may substitute for the formal qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
Occupations in this Group
Closely Related Core ICT Units
- Computer Graphics & Animation – (2D Computer graphics, 3D Computer graphics, 2D Animation, 3D Animation)
- Human Computer Interaction – (Interface Design)
- Image and media data manipulation – (Developing Interactive Media, Multimedia Authoring, Games Design)
- Operating Systems (e.g. iOS, Android, Linux, Unix)
- Programming (e.g. Internet Programming, C++, Java, Objective C, AS3, Games Programming)
- Web Systems Design – (Interactive System Design)
- WWW and the Internet – (Web Technologies, Web Engineering, XML and Web Services, Web Authoring, Web Applications Development, Multimedia & the Internet)
Web Developers works closely with web designers and programmers to produce the system as per clients requirement. They establish communication with other subordinates and ensuring that the task complete in given time frame. Their roles are researching different software programs, maintaining software documentation and implementing contingency plans in case the website/system goes down. They design, develop, test and deploy web applications. They should be up-to-date with many software programs, web applications and web programming languages. They must be able to communicate with all subordinates effectively, set goals and meet deadlines.
Additional Closely Related ICT Units
- Algorithm design and development
- Information Security
- Introduction to ICT – (Introduction to Computer Science, Computer Theory, Introduction to Business Computing, Computer Science I)
- Introduction to Multimedia
- Mobile Devices
- Object Oriented System Design
- Object Oriented Systems Analysis
- Object oriented technologies
- Project – (if the project is a Multimedia / Web project)
- Requirements gathering
- Software Engineering
- Systems Analysis
- Systems Design
- Testing strategies and methods
Web developers design, create, develop, test, maintain web applications as per the requirement of the users. They assist and support in the upkeep and maintenance of systems.They also analyze and monitor the intranet web updates and intranet website changes and fix bugs, troubleshoot and resolve problems.In addition, web developers may create content for the site.The main focus of a Web Developer should always be to create consistent and efficient web applications and services. Web Developers must always strive to meet the necessities of their clients.