ACS RPL Application and Assessment Process
1. Online application
The Department of Home Affairs has set various guidelines for personal visa requirements. Candidates should go through the rules and regulations before jumping onto conclusions. You can enlist the services of the registered Migration Agent (MARA) to help you with your visa application before submitting an ACS skills assessment. Your Migration Skills Assessment is based on the documentation you’ve uploaded into the Online Application Form.
Note: Make sure to upload every necessary document that you wish to be assessed.
a. Documents to be uploaded into the online form
- Each employment and qualification details should be combined all in one PDF documents.
- Original documents scanned in color (at least 300dpi)
- The PDF file uploaded must be a maximum of 3MB
- PDF files should not be in encrypted or read-only format
- The PDF files are to be uploaded into the Online Application Form
b. Required Documents
- Passport: Applicant details page only ( ensure the name in your passport matches the name in the application form )
- Proof of name change if applicable
- A proper title of the degree or award certificate; the name of the University along with its completion date. ( may not be assessed if failed to provide proper evidence)
- Degree or award transcript
- Grades and marks achieved along with the subject names
- If you have a Post Graduate degree, provide documents for the undergraduate qualification
- Employment Reference Letters
- Evidence of paid employment
- Candidates applying for RPL needs to submit ACS online form
- Resume and Curriculum Vitae uploaded in the personal documents section
- Migration agent authorization form (if applicable)
Note: Before submitting the online application, ensure all the required documents are submitted for the assessment to flow efficiently. In case of missing some documents, ACS is not obligated to request for further documents. Such an act of carelessness may lead to delay in processing and result in an unfortunate outcome.
c. Track the application status
After the submission, a confirmation email will be sent that will contain your ACS reference number and password. You can later use these credentials to view the status of your application.
d. Priority requests
This kind of claim is available for Australian visa only with deadlines less than 12 weeks from the date of application. Candidates must inform beforehand at least two weeks’ notice of the deadline. Proof of the deadline must be uploaded as a PDF document to have the request approved. Examples of the document as a proof to the ACS:
- Visa Entitlement Verification Online (VEVO) webpage showing the visa expiry date
- Visa grant letter issued by the Department of Home Affairs
The date of the deadline must be after the ACS skills application. The priority requests that are not for the visa deadline will be processed as general applications.
e. Duration of application processing time
The maximum period to process the assessment by the ACS as defined in their guidelines is from 10 to 12 weeks. If you prepare a decision-ready application with all the proofs needed, it will be processed in a small amount of time.
2. Assessment Process
The ACS migration skills assessment can be achieved if your educational qualifications and work expertise are of ICT level. It must be closely associated with the appointive occupation (ANZSCO) for migration functions.
- Requirements, course units, employment episodes are assessed to determine if it is considered an ICT professional unit or not. This assessment outcome can confirm if the qualification may be a Major, Minor, or if the ICT content is insufficient.
- Only the occupation closely related to the ICT units is assessed.
- Determines the amount of work experience required to meet the suitability criteria
- Employment episodes are also evaluated to determine if they are related to the nominated occupation.
3. Assessment Outcome
The final results are issued via email in PDF format. If the result has a positive outcome, it can be submitted to the Department of Home Affairs as proof of the skills assessment. If the result has a negative outcome, it will provide the reasons why the application wasn’t approved.
4. Renewals and Re-application
The ACS doesn’t provide renewals of the result letter. Candidates must submit a new application by logging into the dashboard area.
5. Translation of documents
Documents written in a language other than English must be translated.
a. Translating documents within Australia
The translation must be retrieved from translators accredited with the National Accreditation Authority for Translators and Interpreters (NAATI)
b. Translating documents outside Australia
The translation must be obtained from:
- A Ministry of Justice or equivalent in the country
- The Australian Education International Section (AEIS) at an Australian Diplomatic Mission
- Australian High Commission, Consulate or Embassy
- Private and Commercial Translators
- The Awarding Institution
The overseas translation should include an official stamp, name of the translator, signature, and contact information. The contact information of the translator must be genuine for the ACS to verify the translated documents.